Once a child has mastered the sounds in Kaufman Kit 1 (p, b, m, t, d, n, h), the Kaufman Speech Praxis Treatment Kit 2 works to refine intelligibility for children with apraxia of speech (CAS). These advanced-level Kaufman Cards use familiar 2 & 3 syllable words to target more complicated motor-speech movements and synthesis into initial and final word positions. Kaufman Kit 2 contains 285 visual referent cards and employs the same “word shell” simplification approach found in the popular Kaufman Kit 1. The accompanying 52-page manual explains the Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol (K-SLP) methods and how to quickly and effectively utilize this approach.
Children who are having difficulty with the production, synthesis, and/or sequencing of words with /k, g, f, s, sh/ and blends /s, r, l/. (Visual referents most appropriate for children ages 2-6.)
Also see: Kit 1 – Basic Kaufman cards.
Each card breaks down the target word into a series of successive word approximations based on least physiological effort. These “word shells” provide a verbal avenue by which children communicate at their own skill level with success!
The Manual Contains:
- Complete Evaluation Hierarchy
- Complete Treatment Hierarchy
- Cueing Techniques
- IEP Goal-Writing Examples
- General Treatment Considerations
KSPT Kit 2 Highlights:
- Utilizes complex consonant sounds /k, g, f, s, sh/ and blends /s, r, l/ to address more complicated motor-speech movements and synthesis into initial and final word positions.
- Refines articulation accuracy and general speech intelligibility.
- Cards can be combined to develop sentences for more clarity practice.
- Durable, brightly illustrated cards.
- 285 engaging pictures (5″x7″) with color illustration on front and phonemic approximations (word shells) on the reverse side to refine intelligibility and build higher level motor-speech coordination.
- Tip-alveolar to back-velar and back-velar to tip-alveolar words.
- Pivot syllable words: “ter”, “low”, “ber”, “ing”.
- Familiar 2 & 3 syllable words.